How do I customize my mail update badge

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gballa50, Mar 1, 2009.

1. gballa50

gballa50 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The title is pretty self explanatory. I would like to customize my update badges and have no idea um how to do it...? Thanks.
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    This thread should help you out: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81886

More specifically, this:

Custom Badge Icon
    1.SSH to:
    System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app
    2. Find your badge icon, and rename it to SBBadgeBG.png
    3. Copy the SBBadgeBG.png to Springboard.app, and it will ask to replace. SAY YES.
    4. Then reboot, and then when some type of unread document in an app is displayed on the icon, the badge should be different.
  3. gballa50

gballa50 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    what an honor to have the super moderator reply to my humble post! Haha thanks man.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    So where could I find some premade badges...and I am sort of confused as to what a badge is, isn't it the number above an app that shows updates to mail or app updates?
  4. newton1221

newton1221 New Member

if your using it for a theme, as in you only want it applied with that specific theme then the procedure is slightly different, for instance i use the bluebird theme, and within bluebird there is a bundles folder and within that there is a com.apple.springboard folder and inside of that there is the custom battery images the custom dock images and the custom badge image, if you want to apply a custom badge through a theme then you can just find that folder for instance /Nameofyourtheme/Bundles/com.apple.springboard once inside you can just add or change the SBBadgeBG.png image to whatever you want, as far as premade goes im not sure, but if you can find a badge image you could just use photoshop or gimp to make it however you want, or if you have a simple request i might be able to give it a shot for you, im not the best photoshopper but i make my own custom stuff