How Do I Create Icons For My Apps?

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by gtrplyr, Jun 17, 2008.

1. gtrplyr

gtrplyr Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I want to make my own icons for apps im going to download, is there a guide on how to make them anywhere? I looked everywhere and cant find anything, if there isnt what do I do? I dont know where to start. Im using Paint Shop Pro.

EDIT: Im going to add more to this because Im getting confused myself. I make the icon I want in Paint Shop Pro, right? Then where do I put it? I dont know how to do all this uploading to repo or whatever. Is there someone that would do it for me if I didnt know how? Also, how do I know that the icon I want goes to the app I want it to go to? Is that all in the uploading thing? Any more questions about my question please ask. Thank you!
  2. simply_muzik

simply_muzik New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    you first make a 60x60 icon. then after you make it, you save it as "icon.png". then you ssh into your ipod. then keep going up folders, until you see one called "applications". go into that, then look for the app that you made the icon for. once you find it, go into the app, and paste the icon.png into the folder. when it asks to overwrite, say yes. now the default icon for the app has been changed. hope this helps you!
  3. dwonder3

dwonder3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Use Gimp, or Photoshop to make the icon.
  4. gtrplyr

gtrplyr Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)

that helps imensly but i still dont understand ssh, ill look it up, i dont have an ipod touch yet but i want to start making my summerboard before i get one cuz im bored out of my mind and i need something to pass the time till i get one. thanks alot! i didnt think anyone knew what i was talking about
  5. simply_muzik

simply_muzik New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    no problem

Please Register or Log in to view images

glad i could help.
  6. gtrplyr

gtrplyr Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    why? paintshop pro has been fine for everything ive done its exactly like photoshop but everything is moved somewhere else. ive never not been able to do something someone in photoshops been able to do?

edit: also if i wanted to use lets say badge as my icons, what if i didnt like one of the icons appletree posted? will she make me a different one with a different picture of my choice or not? if not would it be really hard to make one myself?
  7. simply_muzik

simply_muzik New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    it would be pretty hard to make your own from scratch. it would be much easier if you had a template to work with.
  8. gtrplyr

gtrplyr Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)

think appletree would be so kind? lol
  9. ricardofelix95

ricardofelix95 Banned

go to google and search Gimp
  10. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yes, she's already posted her template for Badge, here. Anyways...if you wanted to change the icon for an app just open up the template, make your icon and save it as a .png with the same name as that app and stick it in the Badge icon folder. SSHing is a pain in the ass and it'll probably be a lot easier to understand once you actually get an iPod.

Why? He said he likes Paint Shop Pro so why use Gimp? I use Gimp...I don't like it at all.