how do i connect to the internet

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by clash123, Oct 5, 2007.

1. clash123

clash123 New Member

sorry for this really simple question but i am new to all this ipod business !!

how do i get my wifi working

Please Register or Log in to view images

do i have to pay for it - if i do then can anybody advise who is the best to contact about this

can i do all of this from the Ipod Touch ? Anyone got any step by step advice

appreciate all your help in advance
  2. Pyrofer

Pyrofer New Member

If you live in the UK then give "The Cloud" a call....
    If you live elsewhere, then whoever supplies your wifi hotspots. Try Starbucks first

3. clash123

clash123 New Member

thanks pyrofer

anybody else have any recommendations ?

thanks in advance
  4. iPodite

iPodite New Member

Hey Clash - Are you asking for help on setting it up to use at home with your internet connection? I'm assuming you have a home ISP provider.
  5. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

1) Go somewhere where there is wifi available--preferable free wifi if you can find it.
    2) Turn on WiFi in settings.
    3) Select the name of the network. If network is securred and you have the password, enter it in. Else, select an open network (will not have the padlock icon next to it).
    4) Close out of settings
    5) Open Safari and enjoy.

Note: Many public wifi networks have a page that comes up that you have to look at before you can go anywhere. Just do what the page says, and enjoy.

There should be no charge for wifi unless the person who is operating the wifi wants there to be a charge, and that welcome screen will let you know.

Tip: Hotels and Motels almost always have free open wifi. If it is secured, just walk in and ask the front desk what the password is to get on. Just tell them that you are a guest and they will give you all the information you need.

Bonus Tip: Hotels and Motels are also great for free breakfast in the mornings!
  6. clash123

clash123 New Member

thanks for all your help and tips

just one further question - what is the maximum range/distance to connect with the wifi ?

can you connect say 100 meters away or do you have to be within a certain range ?

thanks again

7. itouch101

itouch101 New Member

Its usually within a few house.. i think 100 meters is okay..
  8. michaelchan0427

michaelchan0427 New Member

100 meters maybe too far, the best performance range should be around 20 meters for wooden house, or around 10 meters for concret house.