How do I connect itouch to my home wireless network?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DZADZY, Dec 30, 2008.

1. DZADZY

DZADZY New Member

Hello, I am not too computer smart, but I can't connect my grandaughters itouch to my home wireless network. I have att landline to a 2wire router. My laptop works fine. I don't remember any passwords from att when I first hooked up 2 years ago. The itouch works fine at the Apple store and she goes on youtube or something. Any suggestion will be appreciated. If I only knew the proper steps to follow. Please, polite answers only. Some sites are rude just because they know how to work all the gadgets.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. milkman

milkman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    whats the problem? can you see the wireless network?
  3. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

Well, your first step is to retrieve that password that you lost from 2 years ago.

Next go to Settings > Network > WiFi > and click the network that your computers are on.

It will ask for a password, and this is where you put your soon-to-be-retrieved-password there.

To get your password back, try called AT&T, and say that you lost it.
    But you need that password back.
  4. DZADZY

DZADZY New Member

It says unable to connect to network and or wrong password. My laptop shows I am connected to 2WIRE257
  5. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

Well, like I said, you need to find out your password. That's your first step.
  6. NickPod

NickPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Did you retrieve the password and try it?
  7. milkman

milkman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    find the model of your router and then google how to setup (insert model#) your should find an ip adress like this 198.162.1.1 then go to wireless settings change password, after that you will have to change the passwords on all devices curently connected to that network
  8. eberglar

eberglar New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Like manram 24 said, you need to find your password. Without it you'll be stuck unless you want to reset your router to factory settings. However, that will open up another can of worms.
  9. DZADZY

DZADZY New Member

Thank you all for your help. The retrieval of the lost password makes sense. I will probably be tied up with att, but its my own fault. Thanks again.
  10. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

You still need the original password to change the password. That's why he should call AT&T, and retrieve his password.