How Do I Backup Game Saves?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by RaymondK8, Mar 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaymondK8

RaymondK8 Member

Feb 15, 2010
    • Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    Hi, I need to restore my iPod Touch because Rock basically screwed it up.

But of course, there are many games with saves that I'd like to backup but I don't know how to.
    Can I have a guide on how to?
    I have iFunBox if that helps.

I really want to backup Angry Birds, my hi-score on Doodle Jump and Ragdoll Blaster 2. Obviously, I'd like to backup all my game saves but I want to keep those saves especially.

So does anyone know how to backup game saves and then put them back onto my iPod again?

OK, I don't mind backing up my whole apps and everything else, so will backing up ALL the files from cd /var/mobile/Applications back up the app itself AND the save?
    If this is so, can I restore my iPod, jailbreak it then just copy these files back into cd /var/mobile/Applications?
    Thanks in advance.

Umm... Well, I've solved my issue.
    If you've got the same problem, just backup the whole game from my previous solution, but instead of SSH the apps back in, copy [removed], install through [removed] and just replace the saves from the games you backed up.

EDIT: OK, I've noticed that for every game, the saves are different and some don't even show up.
    If you plan on restoring and re-jailbreak, you can just backup the app, if you're smart enough, even the save but in my case, I can only back up the app.
    Still, if anyone knows how to SSH a game save for Angry Birds and Ragdoll Blasters 2 then please PM me or post here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.