How Do I Backup Game Saves?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by RaymondK8, Mar 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaymondK8

RaymondK8 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    • Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    Hi, I need to restore my iPod Touch because Rock basically screwed it up.

But of course, there are many games with saves that I'd like to backup but I don't know how to.
    Can I have a guide on how to?
    I have iFunBox if that helps.

I really want to backup Angry Birds, my hi-score on Doodle Jump and Ragdoll Blaster 2. Obviously, I'd like to backup all my game saves but I want to keep those saves especially.

So does anyone know how to backup game saves and then put them back onto my iPod again?

EDIT:
    OK, I don't mind backing up my whole apps and everything else, so will backing up ALL the files from cd /var/mobile/Applications back up the app itself AND the save?
    If this is so, can I restore my iPod, jailbreak it then just copy these files back into cd /var/mobile/Applications?
    Thanks in advance.

EDIT:
    Umm... Well, I've solved my issue.
    If you've got the same problem, just backup the whole game from my previous solution, but instead of SSH the apps back in, copy [removed], install through [removed] and just replace the saves from the games you backed up.

EDIT: OK, I've noticed that for every game, the saves are different and some don't even show up.
    If you plan on restoring and re-jailbreak, you can just backup the app, if you're smart enough, even the save but in my case, I can only back up the app.
    Still, if anyone knows how to SSH a game save for Angry Birds and Ragdoll Blasters 2 then please PM me or post here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.