How do I add pictures to a thread?

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by TechnoEagle, Mar 7, 2010.

1. TechnoEagle

TechnoEagle Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    On a few of the Off-Topic threads, people have added pictures to their replies (such as in the Desktop screenshot thread and the Photography contest thread). I have figured out how to attach pictures, but then they are not actually shown as part of the post. When I click on the picture icon, it asks me for a URL. The pictures I want to use are on my computer, not on a website. How do I add them?
  2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Use the

Please Register or Log in to view images

tags. Simply stick your image URL in between the tags.

Quote my post to see how it's done.
  3. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Make sure the image is uploaded somewhere like photobucket or imageshack first, and not just off your computer like some people have tried doing.

Just making sure

4. SilentWalker

SilentWalker Retired Moderator

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    To expand on spoony's post-

When you attach an image that you wish to insert in a post, right click on the attachment link and 'Copy Image URL'. Then, click on the 'Insert Image' button

and paste the URL you just copied.

Basically what you're doing is linking to your uploaded image, which is now stored on iPod touch Fans' server and has a URL of its own. However, if you use a photo sharing site such as Photobucket, and/or you already have the image file uploaded somewhere on the web, you can just copy the URL to the image and insert it by clicking

. No uploading and attaching required. You can link to Google images this way.
  5. TechnoEagle

TechnoEagle Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thanks SilentWalker, but I'm having trouble attaching the picture. I clicked to paperclip icon and the attachment window opened. I clicked 'browse' and selected the picture I want to attach. Then I clicked upload, but after a few seconds it said 'upload failed.' What am I doing wrong?
  6. SilentWalker

SilentWalker Retired Moderator

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Sorry, I can't help you there. All the steps you performed to upload is correct. Your problem is most likely related to your connection, not the site itself.

If I may ask, what format is the file you are uploading?
  7. Awesome

Awesome Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I am going to try my best to do this in 5 steps:

1. Try going to www.imageshack.com in a new tab.
    2. Browse for your picture and then upload.
    3. Click the insert image button like the one SilentWalker showed earlier.
    4. Go back to the other tab on imageshack, copy and paste the direct link given on the page.
    5. Click okay and post! (Be sure to have at least 5 letters in your post too, otherwise it won't work.)