How do I Add Packages to my repository? PLEASE HELP, URGENT

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by sunnyboi14, Feb 1, 2008.

1. sunnyboi14

sunnyboi14 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Just a question. I have my OWN repo, and i want to add to it, so there isnt just one. What do i do?
  2. Blizzard

Blizzard New Member

download ipodtouchfans's and learn from that, it's how i learned. oh and you obviously need to own a server to play around with.
  3. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

4. sunnyboi14

sunnyboi14 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    im just using googlepages. But i think i figured it out. Thank you! and actually, i used the ipodtouchfans repo before you guys even mentioned it! lol. Now i have a different problem. Whenever i install one thing from my repo, everything in my repo shows up in the update section. even if i dont have it installed. I think it might have something to do with the version, but i checked them, and they are all right. Does this have anything to do with the bundleidentifier? (i named mine com.chrismasterson.thiscrap), but i used that for everything. I guess ill do some testing. If anyone was willing to help, my repo is http://myinstallerrepo.googlepages.com/contents.xml. add it to your sources, install something, and you will see what i mean.
  5. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

It's because all of your packages have the same identifier.
    com.chrismasterson.thiscrap

The identifier isn't in there for no reason. It's how the OS and other applications know which application is which.