How difficult it is to buy an Ipod Touch

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by Haizum, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Haizum

Haizum New Member

How difficult it is to buy an Ipod Touch?

Hi folks,
    I have been having a look round this site for a week or so, signed up and decided to take the plunge and purchase a 16gb Touch which I thought would be an effortless task. Oh no, the 'way of the apple' did not run sweetly. I will explain (and hopefully lull you into a coma by sheer boredom too

Please Register or Log in to view images

). I took a trip into my local high street electrical store (Currys Electrical) at 9.00 this morning. The place was empty except for around 6 staff milling about filling shelves. Now as we all know, you only need to take one foot into a store and get accosted by a spotty teenager asking if he can help but oh no, not this time. 15 mins and no one asked 'Can I help sir'. So I went up to the cash point and got smiled at before the staff member walked off. I managed to attract some guy (not in that way either) over and explained what I was looking for. Ooh lucky me only one left, oh, unlucky me its a return with a dent in it. 'Ok, how much' I asked. Guys goes to check '£269.00 sir' (it was priced at £249 new), I choked. Off he goes to speak to the manager and then offers me it at £235.00. 'And thats the lowest you can go' I ask 'Yes it is' he says 'But thats not 15% even and its second hand and with a dent in it', 'Sorry that all I can go to' 'Ok well all I can go to is the door and leave' and off I go to................. HMV.
    Ipod Touch 16gb not with software update - £269. 'I can get that cheaper with the software update' 'Well go and shop there then' says she. 'Beg your pardon, so you do not want my money then' I ask, she shrugs her shoulders and off I go.
    So, I ordered off Ebuyer instead, much cheaper and no sodding staff to irritate me. So hopefully it will arrive tomorrow at which point a barrage of questions may be asked.
    By now most of you should be fast asleep, if you are reading this before bedtime then good, if not I apologise. Thanks for reading this far though.

2. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

erm..No iPod Touches come with 2.0, apple want you to buy it separately.
  3. SeeFreaky

SeeFreaky New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Wow, what a horrible store. You should really try purchasing from like an apple store or something.
  4. Haizum

Haizum New Member

Just the software upgrade rather than firmware?

And yeh not the best of experiences. I work in a Customer Service role and was shocked at the attitude. Needless to say a complaint will be on its way.
  5. jaymzleon

jaymzleon Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    firmware is software, so you can purchase the update after the ipod is bought.
  6. Haizum

Haizum New Member

7. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

Purchase online from ebay or go to craigslist.
  8. Haizum

Haizum New Member

Cheers dude but purchase what??

And she has just arrived. Now wait for it to charge