How did you make your jailbreak work?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by consume1, Feb 13, 2008.

1. consume1

consume1 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Ok. In this thread i want everyone who has gotten the ziphone method to work to post their EXACT METHODS (every single thing you did). Specs of your ipod (week, size, was it in a dock/not) and what OS you are running.

0. Restore ipod to 1.1.3, do not go any further than the set up new ipod screen
    1. Turn off ipod. (the right way)
    2. Enter recovery mode using the power + home button method, OR, use iphuc and type enterrecovery (iphuc can be located at : http://iphone-elite.googlecode.com/f...%20Windows.rar
    )
    3. Pull your ipod out of the dock (terminate the processes applemobile device, itunes helper)
    4. Open up the ziphone gui method and check jailbreak + activate or just jailbreak......(as long as you dont check unlock, which is why you wll get major 2, minor 0)
    5. Click on free my iphone
    6. Will tell you to connect your iphone
    7. Plug in your ipod
    8. It will start. You will notice the connect to itunes has turned a slightly different color.

Week 44, it was in the apple universal dock 1.0.1, 8GB.
    Currently running windows vista home premium, sp1, 2 gigs of ram, intel cpu.
    I also bought my ipod November 11th

I DID receive the bsd error ONCE, I fixed that by unchecking unlock and activate.
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ....How...many times have you posted your guide? Quoting it also counts.
  3. consume1

consume1 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I'm not trying to promote my guide. Like i stated before, thats exactly how i did it. You can think what you want but I'm actually trying to help. Thanks. If you really want to be an ass, then by all means go ahead.
  4. dmoney15555

dmoney15555 New Member

supposedly, if you use an 8gb ipod touch it has a better success rate because, it was designed for a 8gb iphone, and 16gb just came out? ----meaning that they have limited success