How did/would you buy?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by PalmTookMyMoney, Oct 10, 2007.

1. PalmTookMyMoney

PalmTookMyMoney New Member

Here's my problem. The big day is here and I need to decide what "plan" to get. I can go to Costco and be able to return it up to 90 days. That should be enough time if it has any issues right at the start. Or I can go to Best Buy and get the only plan they offer which is 3 years for $60 and that should take care of a dead battery after two years or so of heavy use. My question is how would you guys/gals go? 90 days or 3 years?
  2. cowboyshootist

cowboyshootist New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I generally don't buy the extended warranties but instead I try to take care of my "toys". On occasion I'll have to shell out some extra cash to cover a product that dies just out of warranty. All things being equal I have saved a ton of money by not getting the extended warranties. In 3 years you'll probably be able to buy a 16G Touch for $60 anyway.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    I doubt that. Just get the extended warranty so if you "accidentally mess it up" you can take it back and get a new touch.
  4. cowboyshootist

cowboyshootist New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Really? Take a look at the Samsung Blackjack. At Christmas they were $300, now they are $99. No reason the Touch price won't drop over time, especially if new models with more memory come out (like I believe will happen).
  5. iTyler

iTyler New Member

I dont think that the 16g touch will ever go down to 60 bucks look at the nano even that did not go down to 60...
  6. jrzymuscle24

jrzymuscle24 New Member

I couldn't purchase mine at any place else besides the apple store. only a 14 day return policy(and 10%!!! restocking fee).. and I also was hoping for more mods than this lock down that the ipod is on. So as of this weekend, I'm returning it to wait a month or so to see where these jailbreaks lead too and this time i'll buy it from somewhere that doesn't charge me 10% for returning the item. But I definitely recommend buying at a Costco if you can (since there is plenty of time to return it and figure out the usefulness and functionality for you).

Please Register or Log in to view images