How convenient is the tethered jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Bontrey, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Bontrey

Bontrey New Member

So I've read that the semi-tethered jailbreak has a lot of problems. I'm thinking about buying an iTouch 2g and am wonder if it's possible to just do a tethered jailbreak, and then leave the ipod on indefinitely, on a standby mode or something.

Can it do that? Or is it like the normal video ipod, which turns itself off after prolonged period of inactivity?
  2. -Kerrigan-

-Kerrigan- New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It will stay asleep until it runs out of battery.
  3. lostfan4

lostfan4 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I just leave it on all the time and when it gets to 10%, I just put it on my iHome and charge and I usually charge it when I'm at the computer.

It doesn't automatically turn off either. It hasn't for me yet.

But, turning it off and booting it every once in a while is probably something good to do.
  4. Pickaxe

Pickaxe New Member

Don't bother with the Semi-Tethered - it's basically a high-maintenance Tethered Jailbreak but with limitations on what you can install. I'd only ever use it if you are about to go somewhere where you can't do a tethered boot for a while.
  5. RavenII

RavenII New Member

Look, f*** what everyone tells you. Do the regular tethered JB, unless you REALLY drain the sh*t out of your battery, and can't charge it until night time or something. But I've only ran into a dead battery one time. Then I learned how to use my iPod to never have that happen again.
  6. Finite Vendetta

Finite Vendetta New Member

You shouldn't let you battery do that

http://www.apple.com/batteries/ipods.html
    http://www.apple.com/batteries/

@ the author of the thread

I haven't really had any problems with the tethered jail break...semi just seems pointless at this point. The ONLY time it's a hassle is when you MUST restart, but I've only had to do that once since it came out.