How can we downgrade the firmware 1.1.5 to 1.1.4 ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.5 Discussions' started by newzinho0, Jul 23, 2008.

1. newzinho0

newzinho0 New Member

I've just updated my ipod touch to firmware 1.1.5 but it doesn't seem to work well with some apps so Anybody help me!! I just want to downgrade to 1.1.4
  2. afroahmed

afroahmed New Member

Bump... would also like to know. Just obtained an ipod touch 8gb and made this mistake of updating it...
  3. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

If you are on itunes 7.7 then this method may not work. Find a link to firmware 1.1.4...I have one in my jailbreaking tutorial...and then hold shift ---> Restore and browse to the 1.1.4 firmware.
  4. x6blues

x6blues New Member

Download the 1.1.4 firmware here

Then in iTunes,
    Connect the iPod via USB-->Shift-Click Restore-->Select the downloaded 1.1.4 firmware

Although it shouldn't be necessary, if an iTunes downgrade is necessary. Look here
    ^^If you get an error, then don't jump the gun and downgrade. Try Recovery and DFU mode.
  5. mary5682

mary5682 New Member

I accidentally upgraded my iPod Touch to 1.1.5 firmware and when i do the Shift-Click Restore-->Select the downloaded 1.1.4 firmware I get a message that says "The iPod could not be restored. An unknown error occured (5)." What does this mean and what can I do?
  6. flyingguitar

flyingguitar Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    restart your computer and change USB ports then try again.
  7. mary5682

mary5682 New Member

I tried doing this but it didn't change anything, it's still doing the same thing.
  8. kennethpetro

kennethpetro Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    you should try and put your ipod in DFU mode manually and do the shift/click restore method again. If it still doesn't work again, downgrade your version of itunes from 7.7 to 7.5. There's a link above to get the earlier itunes versions.
  9. jetracer

jetracer Member

have you tried the 1.1.4 downgrade? with gojohhnyboi i think it is. i have 2 1.1.4 downgrades on my pc if anyone wants to try pm me ill send you the files.
  10. candyman

candyman New Member

yo, id love that file, cause i wanna jailbreak my ipod touch and i dont know if it will work if i have 1.1.5 so i wanna downgrade it to 1.1.4 so i can do it.