How can I transfer my apps from one computer to another?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gale, Jul 30, 2009.

1. gale

gale New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I found one thread about this but the person didn't get a clear answer. I am going on vacation so I wanted to put all of my itunes stuff on my laptop. I read a review about this cucusoft program to transfer back and forth so I bought it (without researching it enough I guess) and it only transfers music and video, NOT any apps. Also it only transfers from the ipod to the computer and not the other way (I have an email in about that) but anyway. I want to transfer just my apps since my music is already on the laptop. The person in the other thread just transferred their mobile apps folder and said it didn't work. Are there other files that need to be transferred with it?

eta: I have 3.0 firmware, not jailbroken, if that matters.
  2. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You've got two options. You could:

A) Sync all of your applications to your iPod, then plug it into your laptop. Right-click it in the devices list in iTunes, then select "Transfer Purchases."

OR

B) Copy the contents of your Mobile Applications folder to the laptop. It doesn't have to be in your iTunes folder, just anywhere (I copied the folder to my desktop). Next, drag all of the apps in the folder to your iTunes Library. You'll then have to authorize the laptop.
  3. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    You need to authorize that computer with your itunes account first.
  4. gale

gale New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thanks to both of you. I had itunes authorized already so I'll just try the transfer. I'll try with the ipod first since it's already plugged into it.