How can I tell what System Board will fit which case?

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by Tman47, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I'm very close to deciding on the parts for my computer. However I have reached a problem with picking out a case. I am buying this board, with a Bloomfield i7 processor, and this power supply. I was looking at this case as it is recommended from people who bought both the power supply and processor, however I do not know if it is compatible with the system board I am buying. The only recommended cases for the board were very expensive full towers.

So my question is will the board be compatible with the tower linked above? and if not, would this work for everything I have? And of course any recommendations you have that would be compatible with everything I have, thanks.
  2. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It should fit fine in either. The board is an ATX form factor, and both cases support the ATX size as well as others.
  3. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You need at least a mid-ATX tower. The Nine Hundred is a great case. However, don't get that power supply for a i7. You want at least 500W for that.
  4. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    you sure it has to be 500W? I got that power supply from the "users also bought" list on the Bloomfield i7, I mean yeah that could be wrong easily, but you're sure it wouldn't work? Any others you'd recommend that wouldn't break the bank?

I've also decided on this and this board, mostly cuz of USB 3.0 and its forward compatibility.

Also the power supply you posted in my other thread is nice, especially with the $20 rebate. I'll consider it, if it works with the ASUS board and most likely it will with the case since its ATX, and idc too much about IDE cables
  5. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    A warning about that case. Well 2 warnings really.
    The case itself is really nice, and being tool-less is a plus but if you are getting a graphics card that is a dual slot size, you will have to cut away a metal prong on the part of the case that locks in the slot. Its not bad but you will need a tool capable of cutting the metal(tin snips if you have them).

Also, once the fans on this case start to build up dust or dirt it is a pain in the ass to clean them. The side one is not that bad but the front one is very hard to assess for cleaning. You will have to remove the full front panel of the case in order to clean it.