How can i tell if my touchmods mic is working ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch VoIP and Telephony' started by thaco, Mar 20, 2008.

1. thaco

thaco New Member

I think the mic i got doesnt work... or maybe im doing something wrong, i would appreciate any help.

The sip voip application, work once for me, but i didnt have a mic so i could only dial and obviusly no one would hear me.

I got the mic yeasterday, then the sipvoip app wont connect, it just freezes, for a couple of seconds i have to click the home button several times, i do have wifi, i have my own asteriks server at work (i work at a local ISP), i downloaded the voicenotes so i can test the mic...

It shows its recording, and then when i finish the ipod reboots, i go into the voicenotes app and i see the recorded file, but when i play it, it says that it cant play the file, i send the file to one of my emails and try to listen on the computer, but i also cannot play that file on the computer.

Any one have any idea ?

Thanks to all.
  2. Shade

Shade New Member

Download some called av(somthing) its an app that turns red when anything is heard from the mic... as for the voice notes problem, what firmware are you on? how many times did you try it?
  3. ridax

ridax New Member

So far, nothing you have done has indicated that the mic isn't working...
  4. thaco

thaco New Member

i have fw 1.1.2
  5. ipodtouchhaxer

ipodtouchhaxer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Download avTracks.
  6. thaco

thaco New Member

ok thanks, i tried the av thing... and yes the ipod can "hear" me... so its great the mic isnt the issue.. i dont know why sipvoip wont work... ill find out later
  7. shawon8444

shawon8444 New Member

it is probably the firewall that blocking to sip server to connect. My touch works everywhere except for college.