How can I take complete iDevice image backup??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sam9s, Jul 1, 2009.

1. sam9s

sam9s New Member

Hi All,

Before moving on, I would like to thank you all for having such an informative fourm for every aspect pertaining to Touch and phone. Helped me a lot.

Ok coming to the Q,.....I was able to update to 3.0 and jailbroke my touch as well and install installer also(though it does not serve any purpose), anyway now I have installed loads n loads if applications (spanning 8,9 pages) and games on this device, plus all kind of emulators and streaming applications and quite a few of these are paid as well, not to forget zillions of photos and songs and theams through cydia.

Now after filling up the device like hell I am a bit skeptical to try out new applications and experiments as I simply cannot afford to brick my iDevice. I want to know is there an application, utility that can take a complete backup of the device, not the crippled back up which iTunes take, but a complete back up that can store cydia applications as well. Very much like Norton ghost image or Acronis for windows which creates an image of the drive. There must be an application developed for iDevice as well that can create a complete image of the device that can be restored.

If none exists suggest me a way to take a complete backup of my device (which includes Cydia apps as well) so that if something goes wrong I can restore it back to my original settings.

Any help would be really appriciated. Thanks in advance

Sam
  2. Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You could like. Go into SSH or another alternative and actually copy and paste every thing in the iPod into a folder, it might take awhile but I Imagen it works.

If not, APTBackup backs up alot of Cydia Apps and Settings I hear.
    And iTunes isn't thattt bad.
    Good for official Apple stuff.
  3. sam9s

sam9s New Member

mmm ok logically it should work(copying the entire dir structure through Win SCP), I will give a try to APTBackup as well and see what is has to offer.....

Any more suggestions.....please...