How can I sync photo to touch with 2 levels of sub folders?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by theclueless, Oct 2, 2007.

1. theclueless

theclueless New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I am a bit picky on the photo organization. I organized ALL of my photo in a way from \location\event\ (I do travel a lot). However, when I sync my "travel" folder to the ipod touch, it got rid of ALL of my folder organization and show all of the photo under the "travel" sub category. Is there a way for the ipod touch to create a multiple level of sub folders?
  2. Crazy-Ty

Crazy-Ty New Member

I dont think there is a way. I tried the same. The only way is to use iPhoto. There you can organize your pics and sync them via iTunes.
  3. audirtbiker

audirtbiker New Member

i dont know how elaborate you have yours organized but on mine i put my game camera photos on it and i have a folder under my pictures and in that i have a folder for everytime i get new photos with the date

my folders stay the same on my touch
  4. coolzero

coolzero New Member

I want to know the answer to this too - because it appears that you can list them and I would like that org ability too.

LMK
  5. TheZeroYear

TheZeroYear New Member

well i know some other media applications aside from itunes do a better job at detecting files in subfolders.

Songbird is a good example of an itunes alternative (runs off same engine as firefox) and they have an itunes library importer and ipod sync support but i havnt tested it on the touch yet.

I have an elaborate file system so i also recieve the same difficulties in importing my music.

a good idea would be sending in some suggestions to apple, and or just manually placing your subfolders in itunes.
  6. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

no, theres is no way to do subfolders or albums. one folder, one pile of photos. thats all you get for now. Apple always does stuff like this
  7. theclueless

theclueless New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)

Please Register or Log in to view images

guess i will just keep the ipod touch as video and music player then