How can I stop the alarm from damaging my ears when I'm listening with headphones?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Some Guy, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Some Guy

Some Guy New Member

How can I stop the alarm from damaging my ears when I'm listening with headphones? Setting the maximum sound level does not work. Turning off event sounds does not work for the alarm sound, only for the calender alert etc.

I know not to use the alarm or timer now, but I am concerned the kids will accidentally will get their ears damaged by the full blast alarm coming from the headphones. This is not a slam on the iPod Touch by the way, I still love mine.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. iGirl

iGirl New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Are you talking about the alarm for like e-mail and things? Those should only be as loud as you have volume set at or you're playing your music at. That's how mine is, cause sometimes when I'm listening to music. The volume of the music goes down and I hear the "ding" and then the music goes back to the volume I had it at before.
  3. Some Guy

Some Guy New Member

No. I am talking about the standard alarms that can be set with the built in clock program. Some of those are very loud, like the old telephone ring, or oldfashioned dorr bell, or car horn. I can't find a way to turn the volume down on those, or keep them from playing on the headphones. They are super loud.