How can I set up PSX4ALL on iPod Touch 4G

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Dannydxl, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Dannydxl

Dannydxl New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I've followed some guides on how to set this thing up and running and when I SHH my games(roms) to the ROMs/psx4all directory, they dont show. I'm obviously doing something wrong so would someone explain to me clearly or direct me to some legitimate place where I can find a guide to set this up from scratch on iPod Touch 4G iOS 4.1.

I am trying to play my old Playstation Games that no longer work due to severe scratches.

Thanks.
  2. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    They go in /private/var/Media/ROMs. Inside the ROM folder is the name of the emulator type, put the ROMs in that folder.
  3. Dannydxl

Dannydxl New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thats exactly wher I've been putting them and still, they dont appear on the emulator. It's weird. Does anyone know what kind of files the emulator supports. I'm using ECM file type. Maybe that's the issue?
  4. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Yes, they need to be .bin [ or .z64 for the n64 Emulator ]
  5. Dannydxl

Dannydxl New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Ok, I'll try and Download .bin roms.
  6. Brayden.Smith

Brayden.Smith New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You also need to download sch1001.bin(google it) and place it in the rom folder. after it should work flawlessly.

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. weltall82

weltall82 Guest

same issue with itouch 4g

i have the most recent paid version of psx4all on the ipod touch 4g. i have the bios named and placed with roms, and the permissions of all these components set to 755. roms have been applied as .iso, as .bin, as .img in turns trying to find the file type that works. so far, i can only get the playstation whitescreen to load with sound and then no loading of the actual game seems to occur.

what's the issue?
  8. speeddog73

speeddog73 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Ive had the same thing. i was playing spyro the dragon and it kept desplaying the sponsor and maker stuff. but when it got to the gameplay screen, the picture wouldnt show up until i exited the app or unlocked the lock screen. then the updated picture would how but it would stay there. and i had to keep exiting the app and relogging to make a profile, and start the game. Jeez, took a while. but it sucks and it only happens to 4thG as much i know so far. :/ can some one please try to fix this?
  9. trevx64!

trevx64! Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    This post is 3 years old, but I know the solution. Change settings to only autosave, smooth scaling, div counters fix, and auto frameskip. Skin 4 is the most responsive. Spyro is one of my favorite games of all time

So many childhood memories! I actually beat Spyro 2 twice using psx4all, not counting all the times I've beaten Spyro as a kid

10. speeddog73

speeddog73 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I checked and i didnt have a switch for Auto frameskip. Maybe thats why its so laggy. Its Running ios 6.1.3, so i dont know if its a version bug or they didnt implement it to the app. Its Probably just the app for that version of ios.
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2013