How can I restore single Apps from a Backup?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Alt Control, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Alt Control

Alt Control New Member

Hi!

I have jailbroken my Touch 2G, the day the untethered JB came out.

The Problem is, that it´s not possible to restore frome a Backup.
    If I try to restore, cydia and some of the other Apps disapear

Please Register or Log in to view images

The bigest problem is, that I´m using Saisuke and Todo and all my Data is lost

Please Register or Log in to view images

Is it possible to restore single Apps from an old Backup?

I´ve seen a Tool for Mac it´s called "JuicePhone" but I´m using Vista Ultimate x64.

Is there a way under Windows to restore single Apps?

Please excuse my english.
  2. NobleRooster

NobleRooster New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well, the only way to really backup apps in the first place is through Aptbackup (find it in cydia), but it only makes a list of all your apps, then you can use it to recall the list it made and it'll reinstall you're apps. unfortunately, it doesn't save any data (it just recalls the list of apps). As far as backing up actual data, I'm not sure unless ssh'ed in and found the apps file contents and found the saved data files. But really I don't guess that'd be much use either since you've already restored. Since you have already restored, I'm not sure there is anyway, unless the backup you made backed up cydia apps as well. :/
  3. Alt Control

Alt Control New Member

Thanks for your reply!

I think it´s mybe possible to change the Data wich is inside the Backup. I mean if I could find out wich of the Folders is the Saisuke Backup, I coud copy it into a new Backup, overwriting the actual Saisuke Backup and the restore from the new Backup with all the Data I had before the untethered Jailbreak.

I hope you understand what I mean.