how can I play media w/o using itunes sync?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by mvmacd, Oct 18, 2010.

1. mvmacd

mvmacd Member

I jailbroke my iPod Touch 4th generation today using limera1n, and installed Cydia. I don't want to have to use iTunes for syncing music, because I *HATE* having to browse by "Song," "artist," "album," etc etc, I like choosing my songs from a file browser, and then having the playlist the rest of the files in that folder that I clicked on. [I.e. if there is "1.mp3, 2.mp3, 3.mp3" in ./misc, I want to choose 1.mp3, and have the playlist include the 2.mp3 and 3.mp3 too]. I tried MPlayer from Cidya, but it keeps crashing, I tried "vlc4iphone" but it installed "open streamer" and with that you can't even fast forward or anything! I tried dTunes but I could not even browse for files.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Is there a program I can use just to browse a folder to choose my music? Oh, and also .avi [divX]?? thanks!

*edit* I found an app that will do it, it's called iFile. It plays my mp3s, but there is no "time" on it [how far I am through the song]. It also doesn't play divX avi's, if you know of one that will work, I'd appreciate it