How Can I Make My Own Album Artwork

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by RayPaula, Jan 29, 2010.

1. RayPaula

RayPaula New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

Hi,
    I would like to know how to add my own album artwork, for example, one of my own pictures from my hard drive? I have an Ipod Touch 3'rd generation, updated to 3.1 When leaving a music file as a WAV file in itunes, the "Artwork" option tab is missing when I open "Get Info" If I convert the WAV file to an AAC file, the "Artwork" tab option is there and I can add a picture without a problem. I prefer to leave my files in WAV. These music files are my own, not itunes. Is there any way to get around this?
  2. Magnum

Magnum New Member

nope, its aac or nothing. You can add your artwork by going to the artwork tab under the get info area. You copy your artwork and paste it in the blank box on the bottom right.
  3. RayPaula

RayPaula New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thanks, I have done that with all my AAC files. I guess I'll have to live with blank covers on my WAV files.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks again, Ray
  4. austers

austers Well-Known Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You can always use a different program, i use tag&rename myself.
  5. RayPaula

RayPaula New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi,
    Could you explain? Thanks, Ray
  6. tbb15

tbb15 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    you could try converting your WAV's to ALAC. (Lossless to lossless conversion) so it shouldn't hurt the quality.
  7. RayPaula

RayPaula New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi,
    Found a way in a great format within iTunes which I'm sure, most of you already know. AIFF in automatic mode. This gives you high quality at a bit rate of 1411kbps and a Sample rate at 44.100khz. This Bit Rate is the same as WAV (both being uncompressed) which is the best you can get off of any CD. The downside, these are larger files, takes up more space. The upside, better quality than MP3, AAC and the option to use album artwork, your own design or iTunes. With that being said; Does anyone know how many, for example, 3 minute songs you can get in the AIFF format per gb? Thanks, Ray