How can I make music player recognize an mp3?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by packers05, Apr 14, 2009.

1. packers05

packers05 New Member

Alright so I'm not on my usual computer and therefore cannot sync to my iTunes. My computer is broken and will be fixed soon so I don't want to have to redo my itunes library. All I really want to do is put a few songs onto my iPod but considering the touches and phones can't be used as a disk drive it's become kind of difficult.

I used WinSCP to put the song into the directory: /private/var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control/Music/F49

In this directory all of the files are named some random four letters capitalized but I opened one up and it is my music. I changed the owner and everything to match up. (the 777 thing) and it doesn't show up in the music player. I literally just listened to it in iFile so I know its on there, but the music player doesn't want to put the file in there.

Oh I figure I should add that it's by fun. They don't have an official album or anything yet therefore they don't show up in the store so that's not an option. It's just a single that they let people download for free that'll be officially released in stores later.

It's not a huge deal but I'm just wondering if anyone knows how to make it recognize the file w/o syncing. This may be just impossible I don't know..

Thanks for any help,
    packer
  2. sbdxaric

sbdxaric Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Get mewseek pro and use that. The "random numbers and letters" are all a extremely hard code to crack, which was just cracked recently. Mewseek pro automatically puts the song in ur music library, but its experiencing some issues atm. So try a mewseek+pwnplayer combo.