how can i make glyphs?

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by steve19137, Feb 22, 2010.

1. steve19137

steve19137 New Member

hm? is there a tutorial that i can read? i hate having to give credit to someone else when i use their glyphs. not that i dont ant to give them credit, its that id rather have my own to show for.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    hello?
  2. Dandymorganl

Dandymorganl New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What type of glyph's are you talking about? Theirs several different versions of the definition "glyph".
  3. theiThemer

theiThemer Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I think hes reffering to something like TollBoy's glyph pack.

You need to just play around on Photoshop, mostly with a custom shape tool, using all the resources around. You want them all mostly one color, just getting the basic shape of things, rather than paying attention to detail. Remember that if its good, people will use it to put over already-made bases. Just make it all white and black, or vice versa.
  4. steve19137

steve19137 New Member

ya, glyphs as in the kind in tollboys pack. does gimp have a custom shape tool? which button is it?
  5. theiThemer

theiThemer Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Custom Shapes are the GIMP equivalent to the path tool (to my understanding). The path tool is much more manual (as in you have to make everything yourself), as opposed to Photoshop were they have a good amount of premade shapes, and premade shape tools for that matter.

But I guess you get what you pay for.
  6. Calhoun

Calhoun New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    lol no, avoid this if you want people to take you seriously

use the pen tool, and having a tablet helps a lot

also requires mad drawing skillz unless you just want to trace things with the pen tool (say, a photo of a shark for a shark glyph)
  7. steve19137

steve19137 New Member

ok, testing out both the path tool and the pen tool, they both fail. so should i just stick with premade glyphs for now?