How can I make a backup of my hole ipod data?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by M_A_G_G_I, Jul 13, 2008.

1. M_A_G_G_I

M_A_G_G_I Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Is there any way to make a backup of all my ipod data?
    That would be great, because so i could test firmware 2.0 and if I don't like it could use my backup.
  2. TheDuke1122

TheDuke1122 New Member

There are programs like ipranks and others, but I always wondered what about just using ssh and copying the whole thing to your hard drive. Can someone tell me if this would work?
  3. flyingguitar

flyingguitar Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    I'v wondered that too. if you tried to copy the files back you could be looking at a possible brick. and nobody is going to take thst chance and even if it did work it would take like 10 hours to copy all of those file. so your better off useing iPranks or some other backup utility.
  4. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I've tried that and my suggestion is:
    NEVER - NEVER ! do that! use iPranks or any other program but DO NOT copy the hole content from ssh to your HDD and try to copy it back if you wanna restore your ipod!
    BECAUSE (and that happened to me):
    all the rights (many of you know the problem with chmod and bla...) are getting mixed up and if you copy the files back - first the ipod looks like that everything is fine BUT after you reboot it the first time, it will hang up and get into a loop -.- and the worst:
    if you connect the cable then the loop is paused BUT the ipod touch says (on its screen):
    blabla library is missing , ipod is shutting down dock connector or something else of course itunes can't recognize the ipod if the ipod driver for the connector is broken -.-

(cant remember the sentence too well cuz i did that 2 months ago...)
    hm...worst case -.- I had to put it into DFU and that took me up to ~30 times to try -.-