How can I improve the performance? It's REALLY laggy.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Oregon, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Oregon

Oregon New Member

So I jailbreakd and added have a few cydia apps, and a few winterboard mods. It seemed to be okay for a while but today it froze up and anything I tried to do took a long time. Then I tried to restart it and it literally took 15 minutes. What causes such terrible slowness? Any easy fixes?

ps I also have used ifunbox to put data on... Would that affect anything?
  2. bigcj55

bigcj55 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    What apps did you install?
  3. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Don't jailbreak and all your problems will be solved
  4. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Basically.
  5. bigcj55

bigcj55 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    *stares at screen in disbelief for 3 minutes* *gasps* WHAT?!
  6. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz Banned

Hahaha, I lol'd.

But that WILL actually solve all your problems. Apple's stock firmware is the best way to go if you want a problem free environment.
  7. xboxfox

xboxfox Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    just dont jail break, winterboard is very buggy i installed it and it completly froze on me, and i almost lost my ipod! i was very scared also because it would see mi ipod in itunes but i had a passcode so yea i was very scared
  8. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Um, it's not buggy at all...
    Well, it might have a little bug here and there, but it's not buggy overall. It has worked fine for me for the past 2-3 months, or whenever I jailbroke my iPod.
  9. Deadhead

Deadhead New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    well not theming will speed things up quite a bit..... But I had a crash under stock apple firmware before I jailbroke and it took 10 or so minutes to reboot, FYI.
  10. SiN Altr Ego EL

SiN Altr Ego EL New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    here is the deal... there isn't a problem with having all of these cydia apps and there r very little issues with winterboard... most likely what your case is.. is that u have too many things running in the background.. if u don't have it, download SBsettings... and then download processes.. this will allow you to stop any apps from running in the background, thus enhancing your ipods performance. i find that if i have lets say music, safari, mail and something like a game all running in the BG, it does get laggy. simply kill those processes, and then respring. respringing is ur friend. not reboot, respring. on sbsettings there is a button that will do it for u... second from the right.. use this after u kill processes and your ipod will run a LOT smoother.

apps that will run in the BG even if u quit out of them...

-Music
    -Safari (Unless u open a new blank tab and close out the previous one u were using)
    -Mail (if u have push turned on it will stay up.)

as far as i know those are then only ones that stay open... hope this helped!

OH! and remember to say thank you to the Fusion Dev team for helping you! (thats me... and a few other people..)