How can i get categories to work again?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Unreal Boy, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Unreal Boy

Unreal Boy Member

Device:
    iPad
    I have a 2g,

on the tethered jailbreak, i used Categories to make an Apps folder. I put my apps in there, INCLUDING categories.

For the untethered jailbreak, i backed up in itunes, then i jailbroke. Now, none of the apps i had in the folder appear on my spring board even tho it says they are synced to my ipod when i connect to itunes. After redownloading categories in cydia, this also didnt appear on my spring board after i installed it...

What should i do? i want to be able to use the apps and categories again, but none of them appear on my homescreen
  2. verteidi

verteidi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Categories does not actually remove apps from SpringBoard, as far as I know, but hides them from view. They will remain hidden even after a restore, when you use a backup that was created while you were jailbroken.
    To get your apps back, install "poof" from Cydia (or better install BossPrefs, poof is included). In poof you can choose which icons to hide and which to display. This way you can get your apps back.
    Hope that helps
  3. veryniceipod

veryniceipod Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Or if you re-create the categories you originally had you can just re-add them to those categories, saving you the time of making them visible and then adding them into the categories.