How Can I Free Memory on "/"

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by amarellapudi, Jun 20, 2009.

1. amarellapudi

amarellapudi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Bosstool does not work and I currently only have 53 mb free on /. I might have to make a symlink but I do not know how to. Can I have some help, please?
  2. liammk

liammk New Member

i have 58mb on / but 9440MB on /var
    whats this mean?
  3. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    / is the root folder. This is where your jailbreak applications are stored. 58 MB is definitely enough. Most jailbreak apps aren't very big.

/var is the directory where all of your music, videos, App Store apps, etc. are stored. Once again, 9 gigs of free space is definitely enough.
  4. deadfire55

deadfire55 Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Wait until BossTool gets an update (soon) then you can move your fonts around with that.
  5. jayjay960

jayjay960 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If you're really worried about the space on /, delete some of your non-essential apps you downloaded from Cydia. But Only delete the ones you know you downloaded yourself. You don't want to accidentally uninstall the kernel or something..
  6. comradeaudax

comradeaudax New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    got the same issue here....cydia is giving low space warnings....even on a clean jailbreak with no apps installed...Total size 500mb Used 447mb Avail 47mb 90% full