How can i fix it?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by 101, Nov 15, 2007.

1. 101

101 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I've try to restore my iPod touch. However, it comes out an error......
    what can I do??...

Please Register or Log in to view images

Attached Files:

2. sharrmc512

sharrmc512 New Member

turn off ipod while plugged ...then turn it back on while holding down both buttons power and home button...when you see the apple let go of the power button hope it works...it worked for me
  3. cameleon1267

cameleon1267 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    interesting I don't remember seeing this error before.
    What kind of restore did you try ?
    just the restore button from itune or the hard restore from the ipod touch (holding home and sleep button at the start)

edit: just grilled by sharrmc412. thread goes fast here.
  4. mambotango

mambotango New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Same problem

I tried to restore to 1.1.1 from my JB1.1.1 to follow the JB1.1.2 instructions. Once restored to virgin 1.1.1 I could not achieve the JB via the slovix.com/touchfree/jb route and it did not work. Restored several times to see if I could do the other easy JB instructions but still did not work. Tried winscp and I could not get any access.

Tried restore one more time and it now gives me an unknown error with different numbers inside a parenthesis.

Now, I don't know what to do anymore. Regret reading about this 1.1.2 advantages thing.

Too late for any regret, what can I do to restore to 1.1.1 again. I used another pc but my only option it seems is to restore to the latest 1.1.2 which I would not wish to have.

Ideas anyone?
  5. cameleon1267

cameleon1267 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

if your 1.1.1 ipod was jailbroken you didn't need to restore it to the official 1.1.1. just install oktoprep from the installer then update to 1.1.2 and use the new program from the dev team to JB you 1.1.2 ipod.
    If you want to restore to 1.1.1 you need to download the firmware file and in itune: shift + restore and select the 1.1.1 firmware file.
  6. mambotango

mambotango New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I have read quite a lot here about bringing back the JB1.1.1 to virgin 1.1.1 as it would avoid the wheel problem. Anyways, I've done it already. Now, am having problems restoring my unit to 1.1.1 with that unknown error message.

Will keep on trying though. Hope I could just upgrade to 1.1.2 and Jbreak the unit from there. No info about this as yet though.

Another thing, I remember seeing a connection refused thing when I used winscp404 earlier. I have used winscp for the past month or so and it has never given a "connection refused" message.

Hmmm
  7. cameleon1267

cameleon1267 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yeah so far there is not solution to JB ipd directy from 1.1.2 firware. It is not easy to find a new exploit such as the TIFF one. good luck for your JB attempt and sorry I can't help you with your winscp problem, I never used this method.
  8. 101

101 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I have try exactly the same method to hard restore the iPod, and it starts restoring the software.When it finish restoring, the error message comes out.

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. 101

101 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I didn't upgrade to 1.1.2, my firmware just 1.1.1. Casue I want to upgrade my iPod to 1.1.2, so I try to restore my iPod.
  10. 101

101 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)