How can I disable the Home button?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gmjbnr, Jun 3, 2009.

1. gmjbnr

gmjbnr New Member

I am using the iPod Touch G2 for a museum multimedia tour. I would like to disable the Home button so that our visitors can't get into the other apps. Is this possible? I know if it is, I'll have to jailbreak the units first, which is fine. I can do that, but how do I disable the home button afterward? Thanks for any help you can give.
  2. Sitruss

Sitruss New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm talking completely out of my ass here, but I think the only way to do that would be to have a custom firmware done up.
  3. Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Uhm.
    Yeah, you need a jailbreak but.
    You're kinda screwed if you want to get out of the app.
    Unless you wanna go threw restarting the iPod everytime you wanted to close an app.
    Or hope the killswitch kicks in.
  4. jhloa2

jhloa2 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    hit it with a hammer, or keep tapping the home button really hard
  5. ITBRTI

ITBRTI Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    why not cover it with a case or something?
  6. gmjbnr

gmjbnr New Member

We have created a custom app (the multimedia tour) that is the only thing we want our users to be able to use. So, we want it to load this one app automatically every time it powers up (which it is programmed to do right now) Our only problem is that if people hit the Home button, then they go to the screen that shows all of the standard Apple apps, then they get confused, have to rechoose the tour, etc. We tried to find a plastic case that covers the Home button to alleviate this issue, but can't find one with a lanyard attached to the case. (we found a case that covers the Home button, but the lanyard plugs into the power port, which we don't want)
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    we found a case that covers the Home button, but the lanyard plugs into the power port, which we don't want. if you know of a hard plastic case that covers the Home button and has a lanyard attached to the case, I would love you forever!!