How can I Backup My Jailbroken iPod touch apps to upgrade from 1.1.3 to 1.1.4

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by zman93, Mar 14, 2008.

1. zman93

zman93 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I have a jailbroken 1.1.3 ipod touch. I want to upgrade to 1.1.4 and jailbreak. I know i can do that much. what i want to do is back up my apps so i can copy them back on to my ipod with out needing the instlaller. It would me much easier seeing i have a lot of apps. If there is another easy way that would be great to know. I have heard that if you use the new Ziphone 2.6 and do the NVRAM you won't lose anything in the JB, but i do not know if that is true. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    If you use the new Ziphone 2.6 and do the NVRAM you won't lose anything in the JB

You can SSH into your iPod and back them up too
  3. Nickll9009

Nickll9009 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Before you upgrade SSH in and coppy the /Applications folder to your desktop
    then after you upgrade jailbreak SSH back in and copy the folder you copied before back in reboot enjoy!
  4. wthoang

wthoang New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    umm..not entirely sure...my suggestion is to go to the applications folder via ssh(search if u dont noe). Copy which applications u want besides the ones that are from the ipod (e.g mobileslideshow, movie player, music player, adress book, calculator etc..)on ure computer. Then go to the mobile/library folder and grap all the things from there not related to the ipod stuff, upgrade and paste bak in. (may not work as some apps have other folders around the ipod...)
  5. Nickll9009

Nickll9009 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    lol oddest thing i took my ipod out of my bag set it down on my desk now its gone lol
  6. zman93

zman93 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Is this true? All my apps will stay there.
  7. Nickll9009

Nickll9009 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yes its all true.
  8. zman93

zman93 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    If you use the new Ziphone 2.6 and do the NVRAM you won't lose anything in the JB. How do you do this? can some one verify it?