How can I backup my ipod classic to pc move files to 3g touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by polorsport, Sep 14, 2009.

1. polorsport

polorsport New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me out.

My ipod touch 3g 64 gig just arrived and I wanted to take some of the music/videos from my 80 gig ipod classic and move it to the touch.

What is the easiest way I can go about this?

*Paid or free software doesn't matter.

*I always managed my library manually so there is nothing in my itunes library.

Thank you
  2. Gorillatouch

Gorillatouch New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Umm you should already have it just sync with iTunes. You have to put the content into iTunes to put it on the touch as far as I know.
  3. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Wait do you use a Mac or a PC?
  4. polorsport

polorsport New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    PC. Windows 7 Pro X64 7600
  5. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

well he said he managed his library manually, so he may have added some songs from a friends computer, or someone else's so he doesnt have the songs on his library.
    but yea, there are programs that allowed you to take the songs off an ipod.
  6. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    make sure the iPod Classic is connected and you enabled disk use before you do anything else

Go to My Computer > Your iPod then go to the go to Tools > Folder Options... click on the View tab and scroll down untill you see a Hidden Files and Folders option with a folder icon next to it...check show hidden files and folders then apply,ok,exit that but not the iPod folder that you currently have open...now a new folder would show up called iPod_Control ...open it and go to the music folder...now here is the frustrating part...you have to copy all the folders you have on there onto your computer and this can take hours and then when it is finally done drag all those songs from the folder onto iTunes and from there into the iPod touch...same procedure goes with videos and photos...if this tutorial wasnt helpful then you are always free to look at youtube videos

Please Register or Log in to view images

-UltimateiHacker94 (Ui94)
  7. Gorillatouch

Gorillatouch New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok now I get what you are trying to do. Just download a free program called iDump (yes that is the real name) and it will take all of your current media and download it to your computer. The only drawback is that it names each file .mp3, .mp4, ect. but that is easy to get rid of or ignore. Hope this helps

Please Register or Log in to view images