how can a newbie access a secured wifi network

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ELFamiglia, Feb 9, 2008.

1. ELFamiglia

ELFamiglia New Member

I am a newbie to Touch and Ipod and the manual is no help on this question.

I am over at friend's house and his network is secured. My Touch picked up on this wifi but has a picture of a lock on it (in the setting screen). I don't know the steps needed to enter his authenticated password.

Can anyone help? Thanks
  2. kf6tac

kf6tac New Member

Do you already know his password? If you do, just choose his wifi network and a prompt will pop up asking you for it. If you don't know his password, you need to get it from him... or ask him to enter it for you when you get prompted for it.
  3. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

Settings, WIFI, Choose a Network.... Choose his network (by clicking on it), screen pops up with Password, enter his password - some routers let you enter the actual password (normanswifi) others need the WEP key (a load of numbers generated from the password)
  4. ELFamiglia

ELFamiglia New Member

There is no screen to enter the password.

I know there should be a screen to enter the password because it picked up other wifi nets and those need a password.

I know that I need to enter a long alphanumeric code when connected thru the laptop. I don't know how to enter that code in Touch. Any help would be appreciated.
  5. minja3418

minja3418 New Member

ninja powers, send your train of thought to the server and change it around and do whatever you want to