How big are the jail broken apps?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Gabe, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Gabe

Gabe Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I'm thinking of getting the 8gig itouch but a little worried that the iphone and 3rd party applications will take up to much space, I would guess each one is under like 15 megs right?

I also had a question if there were any rumors of flash websites being supported and if blue tooth would be supported? I know no one knows for sure but are there any rumors of these things being supported?

I wanted to ask how far does the wifi reach? 100 feet?

I'm just trying to make a good buy, I was looking into the sony PSP but it sounds like it won't fit in my pocket well, and that the web browser is not very good. BTW does the browser on itouch have bookmark support? And does java work?
  2. rutsy5

rutsy5 New Member

Hey, i've got an 8 gigger, and i really dont have worries about space. a few apps reach as large as 6 megs, but most are a couple hundred KB. you can't install every app, however, as the disk space alotted for apps and the OS is about 300 MB (for both 16 and 8 GB ipod). If you run out of room, which is possible, there's an easy way to make about 40 MB more, as i have done. So space is not really an issue with regards to apps.

As of yet, flash is not supported and i have not heard of any actual projects to get that working. That being said, its definitely a possibility down the line. as for Java, JavaScript is supported, Java applications are not. some online webApps use javascript, like iphone.facebok.com and wwwm.meebo.com.

There does not appear to be a Bluetooth chip in the ipod

Wifi antenna is decent, and signal distance depends on the router and the environment around (WiFi through open air can go hundreds of feet). It generally can go about 200 feet, through my experiences.

Yes, bookmarks are supported, and apart from the lack of flash, Safari really is a good web browser. I'd recommend this over a PSP, unless you really wanted a gaming console: the touch is really not cut out for gaming.

hope this helps

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Gabe

Gabe Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Thanks for the info, I really wanted gaming on the psp, but a better web browser is more important to me, and I think the psp is not as portable as the itouch because of the psp size. And I really wanted a personal organizer which the itouch has.
  4. charlienesh

charlienesh New Member

i had a psp, the ipod is better!!
  5. TheH

TheH New Member

PSP is very good for gaming, if you have a hacked one, you can play all kinds of games.. but using the internet sucks..

The touch is perfect for video/audio and the web
  6. Gabe

Gabe Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Yeah, the whole reason I'm making a new purchase is for wifi, I'm gonna sell my ipod video 30gig once I get the itouch. The 8gig version should work for me, I use about 4.5 gigs of music, so I think 7.5 on the itouch will be enough, by the time I run out there will be a new ipod out soo, lol.
  7. dpople

dpople New Member

I always smile when Java and Javascript are mentioned together like they are related in some way
  8. elfusca

elfusca New Member

They are related in a way (the name)

Please Register or Log in to view images