How bad are themes in regards to battery life?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by ilikeguitar90, Jul 15, 2009.

1. ilikeguitar90

ilikeguitar90 New Member

I like using Buuf2, but have heard themes can kill battery life. Would running a theme like buuf2 really cause that big of a drop in battery life?

EDIT: I'd might as well ask this question here too:

So I have a jailbroken second generation ipod touch. The problem with it is that the battery life indicator is horrible. It's not accurate in the slightest.

Just this morning, my battery was at about half life. I play a few rounds of ishoot on it, and after about 4 rounds I get a message that my battery is under 20% (so according to the battery indicator, about 15 minutes of gameplay brings it down about 30%)

So then I stop playing ishoot and just listen to music. I look at my battery indicator again after about 3 songs and my battery life seems like it's almost halfway again??

Is anyone else's ipod like this?? Do you guys think it's a problem with my ipod? I only got it like 2 weeks ago and, and It's pissing me off that the battery life indicator is so inaccurate that it's pretty much unusable. I'm not using custom themes or anything, and my brightness is at about 20-30%

What do you guys think?
  2. Rezistik

Rezistik New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It's not a problem, the indicator acts like a warning and is based more on how you are using your ipod then how much battery is left. Playing that game for another 15 minutes might have drained it entirely. While listening to music will take a lot longer.

Themes to my knowledge do not affect battery life.
  3. willdacracka

willdacracka Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Applying themes does kill your memory though

Please Register or Log in to view images

I tend to keep all of my winterboard crap disabled and my available memory will stay in the 50-60mb range