how are refurbished ipods?? help advice plz

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tktouch12, Sep 20, 2009.

1. tktouch12

tktouch12 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    i have a 2ng gen ipod touch with a best buy geek squad black tie protection plan. the ipod has a lot of dust in the screen. Now, i want super bad to go to the neerest apple store but it is over an hour away and my parents would be like why the hell are you driving an hour to replace your ipod. (but i'm leaving it un-jailbroken for the next month just in case i might go up there, so i would be ready) anyway, if i dont get to the apple store, best buy refuses to give me a new one, but they say they will give me a "referbished"
    has anyone ever gotten a referbished from best buy. the guy said it has a new case, but just used insides, but i dont know what to do.
    (i've always kept mine in an IS, so i've never really ever touched it, it looks perfect, except for the dust)
    -if i send it through mail to apple (yes it will take awhile) but how are the referbished ones they give????
    - compared to has anyone ever gotten a 'referbished' from best buy????
    - if you have any other advice, please share
    thanks
  2. DeamonFish

DeamonFish Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I sent my ipod to apple and they had it back in under 7 days, and it was great
  3. tktouch12

tktouch12 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    i'm not worried about speed, im worried about what i get
    was your replacement new, or was a beaten up referbished..??
    has anyone used best buy's referb system?
  4. DeamonFish

DeamonFish Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It was "new", New case and screen (i think, nothing was scratched no finger prints) i think it had refurbed insides.