How am I running out of disk space?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Gabe, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Gabe

Gabe Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I got a message that said I'm getting low on disk space so I got bosstool from installer and it says theres only 14mb of disk space left out the 300mb partition. I'm wondering how this is possible because I don't have many apps, and most of them are under a mb.

I checked in /Applications and everything thats there should be. I don't see any left over old apps but whats the other place where apps are stored? I have a feeling like theres a ton of crap left over from apps I uninstalled. Not sure.
  2. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    There are more things on that partition.

Just get BossTools, and use that.
  3. Gabe

Gabe Member

Device:
    iPhone

Please Register or Log in to view images

this is what itunes says^ Is "Other" the 300mb partition? if so then I should have 157mb left of free space on it.
  4. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
  5. Gabe

Gabe Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I edited my post above yours.

BTW: I've had way more apps then I do now and have not had this problem before. Do you know the other location apps are also stored because I thought there were two.
  6. lilplaya2567

lilplaya2567 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    the apps when moved on Bosstool are store in the partition where your audio,video etc, are and the apps will be in the Other Space
  7. Gabe

Gabe Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I know that. My question is I thought there are two locations on the 300mb partition apps are stored in.
  8. micaheljcaboose

micaheljcaboose Well-Known Member

Try re-jailbreaking with the ZiPhone in my signature. It should fix all your problems.
  9. cevanz

cevanz New Member

I had the same question, and the answer I was given (and proved to be true) is System files. I.E. If you installed any Development stuff such as Python, PHP, Perl, etc.. These are installed on the System (300mb) partition. And as far as the BossTools solution, I've uninstalled and reinstalled BossTools and it says all of my everything (Fonts Ringtones Apps) are moved already. I already have all my symlinks made and have switched over to Cydia. Good luck tho