How about an ALARM Clock?

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by rohit92, Jul 17, 2008.

1. rohit92

rohit92 New Member

I always use an Alarm Clock to wake up in the morning. But, the sound is annoying and gets you frustrated. I setup an alarm clock on my laptop, but that works based off iTunes and only plays if the laptop is open and in sleep mode overnight. However, I just came up with a genius idea. If one has speakers for their iPod, like I do, which are Bose infact, then they should be able to use it as an Music Playing Alarm Clock. The music should played off a playlist, a chosen artist, the song list, or something else. But, How Great would that be? Come on... I would really like to see this app, hopefully free. It should not be that hard, yet I am not a programmer, so who knows. However, I just wanted to get the idea out there and hopefully, I will get some support and maybe the app will be made... THANKS
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    BTW... I know their is Alarm Clock built into the iPod and iPhone, however there are only set sounds, which are not that high quality. I know there was a way to add your own sounds in the jailbroken iPod touch. However, it not too easy and the quality sucked. This would be a great app... Trust me!
  2. Me&MyiPod

Me&MyiPod New Member

Love This Idea !

GREAT IDEA !!! WOULD LOVE THIS !
    but i don't think it is possible...
  3. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    omg! how many requests do we want?! there are many requests for this, and no one has made it. there is a thread to manually change the beeping sounds but thats it
  4. Winterboard

Winterboard Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    this is fairly easy to make but won't be accepted by apple. Only jailbreakers could use it.
  5. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you're interested, I'm currently developing an Alarm Clock application written entirely in AppleScript.

It's a two part system. First of all, you set your Mac to wake up at a specific time, then you set up an event in iCal to run the application. What the alarm does it set your computer to the correct volume (in case it was muted), then set iTunes to a volume of 0. It then fades the music in to half volume and uses speech synthesis software to say stuff like "Good morning, the current time is *blah* and it's time for you to wake up!"

But that's not the genius part

Please Register or Log in to view images

Hopefully the author won't mind, but I use modified source from an AppleScript made for Adium which retrieves weather information and the current temperature!

Which means, to wake me up on a morning, I get to listen to my music, and am told the weather for my local area.
  6. thechungster

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    wow! cant wait!!

so when and how much?
  7. Meikura

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It'll be free, since I'll probably be open sourcing it. I'll be doing trials on it all next week fine tuning audio settings and just checking it's nice and reliable. Then I'll package it all up as a beta and see what people think. So far, it's pretty neat

8. thechungster

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    cool. btw is this 2.0 or 1.1.x jailbroken?
  9. Meikura

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    oh, it's not for the iPod/iPhone, sorry if I didn't mention this!

It's for Mac only. I would look into developing it for the iPod, but I don't know any objective C only AppleScript.
  10. thechungster

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i have a mac