How about a universe theme? :D

Discussion in 'Customization Requests' started by mikemaranon, Dec 25, 2009.

1. mikemaranon

mikemaranon Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Planets, Asteroids, Constellations, and other things that you can associate with the universe? How bout that?

Btw, I tried meddling with Photoshop regarding this. I just FAILED big time.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Just a suggestion though

2. iAppleTechGuru

iAppleTechGuru Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Whatd you have in mind...
    What type of icon layout? Delnoch? iNav? Regular?
    Categories? Skinned?

Let me know, I might take you up on this.
  3. mikemaranon

mikemaranon Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    What do you mean? hahaha. Sorry, pretty noob with those things.

I think the icons are the plantes or other heavenly bodies, the background constellations, etc.

Those are the only things I can understand regarding these.

4. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    If you want to do something like this, I'd recommend (though it's more work) a wallpaper for each page, each one continues the chain of pictures (one picture leads into the next).
    And for the planets and other heavenly bodies, I'd try either categories (one for each planet / heavenly body) or theming each icon individually (This is more work and requires constant updating for all the great apps that are released).

I don't do theming that much, but you can do some of the mentioned things like this (your theme folder is the root - sorry can't explain it too well, if I think up of better words, I'll edit this):
    -icons go into the "/icons/" folder. Each image should be named "AppName".png (replace "AppName" with the application or category name)
    -walpapers (not 100%) - "wallpaper1.png" for the first one, "wallpaper2.png" for the second, and so on and so fourth. By default, there are 11 pages, but some mods can add more in the near future.

Hope this helps any little bit!
  5. mikemaranon

mikemaranon Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Uhm, I can't make one, it's absolutely horrible after I make one.

) I'm not good with PS.

)
  6. Cab00se

Cab00se New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    well if u just have trouble with photoshop then theres always gimp just google it. thats what i use. but what iappletechguru ment was that there a few layouts for themeing theres the normal layout which is just like a stock ipod but with new icons and background dock and status bar theres skinned which is just like the normal layout but u add in music player mods and sliders and sometimes safari and then theres completly differant layouts like inav and delnoch. heres a link to an example of iNav dont really kno how to explain it but here it is http://www.appleiphoneschool.com/2009/04/28/inav-winterboard-theme-tutorial/ and i use delnoch here is my current wallpaper

i can make all of those themes except inav so when you decide lemme kno and ill get to work