How 2 get rid of App.?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by The Crow, Mar 20, 2009.

1. The Crow

The Crow Banned

I have a couple of Apps. I am trying to get rid of off my 1G 8gb iPod touch, they show up on my iPod under Poof and when I plug it into iTunes it is not in the list. I want to get rid of one especially and it is called X-ray and I think it is messed up or corrupt, so I want to find it and get rid of it. I just don't understand how it is in Poof and if I turn it on it will show up on the iPod screen, but when it comes to iTunes it is not listed at all? Any help will be much appreciated, thanks to anyone.
  2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Just go to /private/var/mobile/Applications.
    Look in each folder and try to find X-Ray Scanner.
    If X-Ray Scanner is not in any of the folders, then it's just a bug with Poof.

However, if you do find it, just delete the folder that X-Ray Scanner is in and respring.
  3. The Crow

The Crow Banned

Thanks Spoon for your help and response, I will try that and hopefully find it. I was starting to think members where ignoring my post, after 18 or more views and no responses or nobody knew the answer.

/private/var/mobile/Applications

Sorry to sound stupid, but do I enter this in Terminal to find this App. (X-ray)? I am not sure where to type this into, and I do have Terminal App. and icon on my iPod screen. Or is there something else I am missing, and again thanks for your help.

Thank, The Crow
  4. crovian

crovian Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch

ROFLMAO!!!!

no he meant through SSH. once you get there, there will be many folders. Delete the folder that contains the apps you want to erase

-Edit- sig'd =]
  5. The Crow

The Crow Banned

Thanks for your help but can you get a little more detailed please, how do you open up SSH and how do you do what he and you are saying? I have installed SSH but I was told it runs in the back ground, and I don't know how or where to go to access it. So if you can help me in that, it will be much appreciated. I am new to the whole iPod touch thing, and just need a more detailed description on this so if you can PM me that would be great too.

Thanks, The Crow
  6. crovian

crovian Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    just google or youtube "ipod touch iphone ssh'ing"

more info there than i can say
  7. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Install WinSCP or Cyberduck on your computer.
    Check what you IP address is by going to Settings > Wi-Fi and tapping the little blue arrow on your network.
    Open WinSCP or Cyberduck.
    Open a new connection, and select SFTP.

Address: The IP address of your iPod.
    User: root
    Password: alpine
    Port: 22
  8. The Crow

The Crow Banned

Thanks guys (Spoon), and I will use WinSCP again because I only used it before for r***

Please Register or Log in to view images

Anyway now I can find out other stuff I can add using WinSCP , via SSH.

Thanks, and I did figure out how to get rid of Apps. off my iPod (so stupid) because all I had to do was hold until they shake and then hit the X to get rid of it.

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

You didn't know that? Wow...

Anyways... You can add lots of stuff through SSH. Themes from the internet, your own themes, other things for you iPod you get from the internet, getting downloaded things from you iPod to your computer, etc.
  10. blackforest

blackforest New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    can we use it to add videos?