How 2 add Apps.?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by The Crow, Feb 20, 2009.

1. The Crow

The Crow Banned

I have a 1st gen. 8gb iPod touch which I did the jailbreak no problems, but I can install all kinds of themes and wall papers and others through the Installer. When I did the JB , I only did the Installer and Cydia and for some reason I can not install games because it keeps asking for my Username and Password. The thing is , is that I bought it off someone and they registered with iTunes already. I was told to Restore my iPod and then JB it again, then go and register with iTunes but I don't want to enter a credit card number online. Is this the only way to get games, or is there something I am missing? I thought once the JB was done that everything would be open, I may have miss understood what was involved and what you could do or get and if so please advise me. Also do I have to plug my iPod in to the computer via the usb cord to do some of the Apps. or just through Cydia or something else? Sorry if this sounds complicated, but I am lost and don't get me wrong because I do enjoy the Apps. such as the themes and wallpapers but I can't get games??

Thanks, The Crow.
  2. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Games=limited on Cydia.
    For games see an app called...

App Store.
  3. TmacHot

TmacHot Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Themes and various emulators you can get from Cydia or Installer (which it includes some of the app store's games )
    If you want the original apps that are in the app store you must either buy a iTunes gift card or sign a credit card , (or via a app in cydia

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
  4. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

Shhhhhhh!!!
    Let him work it out on his own!
  5. The Crow

The Crow Banned

Thanks guys, I think I understand. So either way to open up all the other games, I would have to get the iTune card or register with a credit card via iTunes store yes? If so maybe I can find a gift card off the personal adds like kijiji here in Ont. Canada.

Thanks, The Crow

Come on G8D, I am new I need some help! This is not easy, and that is why we all become members isn't it to help others?
  6. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Clarifiy, before I help you, is it apps from the Appstore that you want for free?
  7. The Crow

The Crow Banned

O.k, can you explain in detail for me with out breaking any rules on how I can use my JB iPod touch 8gb with Installer and Cydia already downloaded into it via the JB. Like what can I do with it regarding games that are free (not exactly from the iTunes store) but anything that I can install through Cydia and Installer, because I have no problems with themes and wallpapers and I have Bossprefs. but not sure of what else I can install via the iPod? I don't want to steal or break rules , I just want to understand what I can do and can't do with a JB iPod and also do I have to hook it up to my desktop computer via the usb cord to do any other installations? All your help is appreciated, it is just because I am new to all of this.

Thanks, The Crow
  8. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If you have Wi-Fi go into Cydia and search for "Steffwiz", once added search "All Sources" this will supply a great ammount of sources to download from.

If you want games all you can get is Emulators, you install the emulator add "ROMs" from sites (some are on Cydia) and play.

If you want apps from the AppStore we are prevented from telling you how, whether I want to or not I will not say. Look elsewhere for this information.

There are other sections on this site that expand upon customization, emulators and mods. Lurk there and you may learn a thing or two about what you can actually do with a jailbroken iPod Touch.
  9. The Crow

The Crow Banned

Thanks G8D, much appreciated and I will look around and keep learning and I understand what your trying to avoid. Thanks again for your time and patients, see you around.

Cheers, The Crow.
  10. Mr Monopoly

Mr Monopoly Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Dont do What their telling u to do! Its Illegal! Download via App Store Or Cydia