hou about this? cube!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by berky93, Feb 7, 2008.

1. berky93

berky93 New Member

someone should work on porting the game cube. it uses the doom engine so its possible, is completely open source, and its fun. theres even an edit mode.

I currently run the game from my flash drive, so its already a "portable" program (portable meaning it has the capability to be run off of a portable device without needing instalation.

this game was well known for origionally being run straight off of its cd.

heres a link to a wikipedia about the game, including external links to the games home page where you can download it, and the open source code as well. and this is where I got it, so if you want to run it from a flash drive just download the installer (when you get to sourceforge it will be the .exe file)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cube_%28computer_game%29
  2. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Cube doesn't use the Doom engine. Cube is an engine of its own. It simply has some similarities to the Doom engine. (Your Wiki link states that much.) It has a lot more in common with the Quake II engine than Doom, though.
  3. berky93

berky93 New Member

really? hmm in a game description I thought it said it uses a modified version of the dom engine built for outdoor maps.

whatever, either way can it be ported?
  4. koolgecko91

koolgecko91 New Member

if so that would kick ass. Multiplayer games on the touch!!!!!!!!
  5. Vendeta

Vendeta New Member

probably not because cube demands alot of resources but it would be awesome to have
  6. FluxBox

FluxBox New Member

Cube is WAY too intensive for the iPod touch. My 1.6GHz, 1.5GB (ram) notebook running Ubuntu Linux 7.10 can't even run it without crashing after a half an hour or so, running at very laggy speeds.