hotmail...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jbritt, Oct 15, 2007.

1. jbritt

jbritt New Member

hi, sorry if this has been asked but i can't seem to find an answer after searching...

does anyone else have problems logging into hotmail? i'm not talking about using it with the mail app or whatever... i don't care much about synching or whatever. i don't want to use gmail or any other account -- i only use one email address for everything and have had my hotmail account since inception (pre-microcrap buyout)... all i want to do is check my hotmail account but whenever i log in viat hotmail.com on my touch, it says "safari cannot open this page" or something like that... wtf?!? i tried going to mobile.live.com and it won't bring up that page either... i was thinking maybe my router is blocking something but i can access hotmail fine on my laptop and desktop... help.

guess i could just return this thing and get myself another web-enabled device.
  2. Mustachio

Mustachio New Member

Hah, I would laugh if Apple was blocking their arch enemy microsoft!!

haha, i dont think its that, and im sorry I dont have an answer for you, best of luck finding one.

although... have you tried to access it using a different wifi access point? maybe a public hot spot or a wireless router somewhere else? See if it works there, if it does then there is something wrong with your router.
  3. TheH

TheH New Member

weird my worked the first day.. I just typed hotmail.com
    it just says that It can't run hotmail in the latest version and it runs in the previous version of it..
  4. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    That's strange, have you tried mail.app to see if you can log into hotmail from there?
  5. novabuzz

novabuzz New Member

I do have the same problem to log in, with safari on my mac but also on iPod touch. But it works with firefox...weird.
  6. mobius128

mobius128 New Member

i have the exact problem with my touch. But after a day or so the problem seems to resolve itself. I hope no one is keylogging through this or something similar.
  7. LoneI2anger

LoneI2anger New Member

got the problem to, whenver i type in my password and press login, the page just "reloads", it doent go into my email, it worked just yesterday to... didnt think i changed any settings... weird
  8. bonehead848

bonehead848 New Member

ok, i had this problem but i fixed it at least for my ipod. When you go to the hotmail site hit login without entering your password. Then, a screen will load asking for your password, enter it there and hit go. Works every time on mine.
  9. ak.

ak. New Member

anyone try hotmail on mail.app ? pop3 ?
  10. DemonDuck

DemonDuck New Member

doesnt work with mail.app