Hotmail Application?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Vee, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Vee

Vee New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I mean, i was confuzzled when i first got my iPod and realised its Mail application wouldnt work with Hotmail. Then i saw 2.0 was going to have a Microsoft Exchange feature.

Surely this means, Microsoft are cool with apple using their email system?

Basically, what i'm trying to do is raise awarness. I know LOADS of people use hotmail and it would be fantastic if could get a Hotmail and MSN Messenger application. Not necessarily from Microsoft.
  2. DotSlashSlash

DotSlashSlash Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I don't think it is possible because hotmail is a different type of email so it wouldn't work, I am not to sure about the details but I tried to set up an hotmail account when I first got my mac on Mail but it won't work for some reason, I think it's because it's a free online access email account, I am not intialy sure
  3. Anonymouslyanonymous

Anonymouslyanonymous Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The stock mail app in 2.0 isn't compatible with hotmail as with a lot of other software also. THis is because MS makes people pay for a premium account to be able to fetch their emails with a third party software. If you don't upgrade to the 'premium' email service, you can only access your email through the web browser or MS' Windows Live Mail Desktop.'

So unless MS makes a mail app themselves for hotmail (which is highly unlikely, but still possible), we would not be able to use hotmail with the default mail app without other circumventions such as Izymail.
  4. bkram1

bkram1 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I don't think this will be happening anytime soon. If you want hotmail on any of your devices, you are going to have to pay a premium like $5 a month or something. You could always forward your hotmail email to an account that is supported like gmail. There are many guides for this, just google it and you should be able to find something.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Hope I helped.
    Bkram1
  5. chriscoyne

chriscoyne New Member

it's always worked on iPhone and Touch just upgrade to hotmail Plus it's a one time fee. Check your settings are right.
  6. lewyboi9493

lewyboi9493 Member

i just go to hotmail.com
    tap the + on the bottom
    and add to home screen.

happy days
  7. wazup692006

wazup692006 New Member

it would be better if they could have it in the acuall mail app not in safari and also not having to pay for a preimum account through hotmail or the other way i seen somewhere throught izzymail which i didnt know untill it cancled my free account that it was only a month trial offer

Please Register or Log in to view images

and the msn messenger would be sweet like the Agile Messenger or something like that.
  8. Niiro13

Niiro13 New Member

Unfortunately, the free Hotmail does not allow POP3 or IMAP (which means that no mail program can access it).

When will Microsoft allow that without paying for Hotmail Plus? That's a mystery...
  9. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

izymail is pretty cheap. i think $17-18 per year. i've been using it and it works quite well. worth the $.
  10. 48days

48days Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Lol, good 'nuff.