Hotmail and now games...don't know if these are related?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by crappie_fisherman, Dec 26, 2008.

1. crappie_fisherman

crappie_fisherman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay...

All was working well yesterday when i set up my daughters Gen2 Itouch...I installed a bunch of games and such and all the other items she needed (wifi wep code and the like)...

Today I tried to set up her email account (we have MSN)...I'm finding that MSN and Apple don't work well together (hehe)...

After a failed attempt to load her msn email account...now all of a sudden none of her games work...they launch and immediately go back to the home screen...any ideas as to what may be going on?

Also I take it there is no easy way to live sync her email address from our MSN account?

thanks in advance,
    joe.
  2. itouchuser08

itouchuser08 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Hi,

first restart the ipod touch and see if she can play the games. Here is a alternative for her to check her hotmail account on her ipod touch 2g.

http://mobile.live.com
  3. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Reboot her iPod.
  4. BaseballMVP755

BaseballMVP755 Banned

ya, try to hold home and power for 10 sec, or until it reboots. the apps should work. theres a better msn app called mboxmail. its on the appstore

also, if the ipod apps still dont work, u probably need to restore. u can do that on itunes
  5. El_g0rillo

El_g0rillo New Member

The only way to use MSN for free is with safari. Alternatively you could pay for hotmail plus but $20 a year isn't worth it for most people. I had the same problem. So I switched to gmail.

Edit: also there is what the above poster said, but IMO its still not worth it.
  6. macfanboy

macfanboy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    MSN doesnt work with any email client other than Microsoft's. I guess it is their way to make sure customers do not switch operating systems. If you are really desperate there is an app called mBoxmail($20 i think, maybe less), which is basically hotmail on the touch/iPhone. Or, you can stick to safari and open mails from there.

If the games do not work, just restart the ipod. Turn it off and on again (not sleep, fully off). If that still doesn't do it, then open itunes, and restore.
  7. crappie_fisherman

crappie_fisherman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay I got the games working...thanks for the help.

Now on the MSN mail.

Even thru Safari when I go to hotmail.com (or live.msn.com I think) safari opens the hotmail login page. We enter her email addy and password and then safari goes nuts with simply churning forever. We let it go for 10 minutes and we never got to her email...that's what has me confused.

I just tried mobile.live.com like suggested above and that worked...so she can at least get to her email that way.

THANKS to everyone that helped me out...I truly appreciate your efforts to work this out with me!

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and here's to a Happy New Year!!!

Joe.
  8. jaymesG

jaymesG New Member

Hi Joe

Thanks for this thread, I just got an iPod Touch 32G for Christmas and need this info also. I just signed up for the MobileLive thing, but can you tell me what I need to do now? Do I need to set this up for the iPod?

Thanks,
    Jaymes
  9. whizkid515

whizkid515 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I don't know, hotmail works fine in Safari for me. I just opened it. Although I did switch to the Windows Live version a while back, I don't think it would make much of a difference.
    @JaymesG
    Do you mean MobileMe? If you do, just open mail, click MobileMe and enter your account information.
  10. Vash01

Vash01 New Member

Yeah.. why don't you think why the have an MSN messenger app?