Hot and Dead

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by steincj, Jan 31, 2010.

1. steincj

steincj Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Plugged my iPhone 3GS into my computer a while ago. Instead of the usual chirp, the screen went black.

No matter what I do, any combination of keys I press, it's still dead. I even pulled the SIM. Still that black screen. Not the "LCD is on but displaying black" screen, the "this device has no power whatsoever" black screen.

Strange thing is, it has been 20 minutes and the phone is still hot. Like real hot. Like warm your hands hot.

I'm going to let it just sit for a while (hours) and then mess with it again. And if it is still dead, it's back to Apple.

Was Jailbroken, if it matters, and I do have Apple Care Protection. Let's hope they don't know and it doesn't void my coverage plan.
  2. nintendokid97

nintendokid97 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Is it detected by iTunes? Try a DFU restore before sending it in
  3. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Unless the iPhone is completely unresponsive, they (Apple) will find out it's jailbroken.

Then they won't fix it for you. Or replace it.

Plug it in after waiting a while and see what happens.
  4. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Plug it in and try blackra1n
  5. nintendokid97

nintendokid97 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah apple KNOWS jailbreaking cant brick your phone they just wanna be fags
  6. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    If you send it in, jailbroken they'll void your protection plan and altogether it'll be a big waste of money, sitting as an expensive paper weight.

Un-plug it, stick it in the coolest place of your house and wait an hour or two, then plug it in and try rebooting or DFU. Then restore to a stock firmware, just when it's plugged in press restore and let it take its course.

After this, you're gonna wanna call Apple. This is a clear sign of problems to come, probably a serious one and it should be looked at from top to bottom, chip to chip, screw to screw.