Host error, cant find host?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kildenmaf, Feb 9, 2008.

1. kildenmaf

kildenmaf New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    HI! i have tried to reboot my ipod 5 times and it stiil not works, is there anything elese you can do? plz help me!?!?
  2. carfreek16

carfreek16 New Member

I'm having the same problem. My WiFi works fine, but everytime I try to install something it says "Package download failed: can't connect to host!" Does anyone know what's wrong and how to fix it? Help would be greatly appreciated
  3. Touchnoob0211

Touchnoob0211 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    go into safari and clear the cache, cookies, history.. etc.. then go into wifi settings, tap the arrow on your network, and renew lease.
    or, if you dont care about any of your settings, go to restore to default under settings.

idk what else. good luck
  4. carfreek16

carfreek16 New Member

Thanks for the advice. But, I tried that and it still didnt fix it. Now it just says "Error: Package Download Failed." If anyone else has any ideas, I'd appreciate it. Although, when I left it alone for about 4 hours for a minute it was working fine, and then it went back to not working. I was able to download BossPref. Hope someone can help me fix the problem.
  5. kildenmaf

kildenmaf New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    thx

thx for the answers, i will see if it works

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. itchyjayy

itchyjayy New Member

i Have the same problem. Safari tells me it can't find server and Installer tells me it can't find host. =( looked like all over this forum and all over the web, all i found were people complaining about the same problem but no solution that actually works.
  7. matt2580

matt2580 New Member

i just restarted my ipod and it worked just fine
  8. tjd2003

tjd2003 New Member

I had same problem

I had the same prob this past weekend, since then i have had to do 1.1.1 restore twice, after i jailbreak, then start downloading apps everything is fine untill i go under sources and download ALL SOURCES ( i dont know the exact name of the source) but he says its all the sources he has and is updated regularly. After sources refresh everything is fine, for about 10 mins, the everything stops working (cant download anything). I have Restored and jailbroken once again and have avoided this *SOURCE* i have had no problems.........I hope this helps abit...
  9. kildenmaf

kildenmaf New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    thx!

THX! it workd

you are my hero

10. oldmanmarley

oldmanmarley New Member

So what was the solution? restore with itunes and then go through the whole jailbreak again? ive tried resetting settings twice but it didnt fix it.