Horrible security glitch!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gadgetsboyj, Feb 24, 2008.

1. gadgetsboyj

gadgetsboyj Banned

OK. I just found a horrible security glitch having to do with the dock app! Most iPhone users protect their iPhones with passcodes but if you bring up the Emergency Call screen the dock app is usable. You can launch apps without unlocking it. Its one thing if somone steals your phone and puts it into Restore Mode to restore it but by using the dock app they have access to everything on your iPhone. This includes your contacts, music, videos, photos, Internet history and bookmarks, etc.!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. shuffle

shuffle Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    to do anything with you ipod and itunes (sync, restore, etc) you have to enter

I wonder if you launch an app like you said, it will allow you to do those things (iTunes)

That would be bad!
  3. gadgetsboyj

gadgetsboyj Banned

No

You can restore an iPhone no matter what if you put it into Restore Mode. I know because my friend had me jailbreak his. It had a passcode, he didn't tell me it, and he was on vacation. I put it into Restore Mode and restored it. It didn't offer to restore the previous stuff because the backup is on my friend's computer. The coolest part was that my friend gave me his laptop. I restored all of his stuff. And when I was passing by his house, I realized the window was open right near his desk. I was able to slip the laptop in, hook it up, and dock the iPhone. I closed the shades and then the window so nobody saw it and took it. My friend came back and he's like WTF???!!! He calls me and I said I lost his stuff... At his house!!! He was so surprised.