Horrible Error: Continuos "Edit Home Screen" message

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by joseratts, Mar 26, 2008.

1. joseratts

joseratts New Member

Hi All.
    I have an ipod touch firmeware 1.1.4 unlock (ziphone 2.5 -> jailbreak option), and everything work fine, NES emulator, PDFViewer, etc... but yesterday a try to install a wallpaper and Crash!!! now the ipod's screen refresh every 10 or 15 seconds and appears the "Edit Home Screen" message of re-organize the icons etc... This error don't let me do anything because always refresh closing the application (safari, installer, settings, etc..) y showing again and again the message.

I try to kill the process by ssh connection but it look like a cron job or something like that because always re-appears.
    I try too by command line execute the installer but the execution stop (not respond).

Well now i'm so worry and i hope you can help me. The only ideas that I have left are:
    - Re-install the firmware by command line (i can't restore by itunes, because of this it don't recognize the ipod and show a error message)
    - Pay to Apple for install the software again (if they do that)

thx for every help you can give me.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. bsblade

bsblade New Member

put it into force restore mode and then plug it into your computer, it will recognize it and then you can restore to 1.1.4 and redo the jailbreak with ziphone 1.1.4. to put it into force restore mode, just hold the home and sleep buttons down simultaneously until the connect to itunes screen comes up. hope this helps.
  3. bsblade

bsblade New Member

and btw, dont under ANY circumstances let apple know that you jailbroke your ipod.
  4. Tsylord

Tsylord New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Also what was the wallpaper called, I don't want to suffer the same fate. Also if the force restore mode won't work try running the jail break again, that might solve it.
  5. hovik818

hovik818 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Force restore, that happened to me one twice when i did something i dont remember, but i would restore.
  6. endrewsmith

endrewsmith New Member

This is the EXACT problem i'm facing right now. Force restore doesnt even work. Is there any other way to restore ur ipod?
  7. lunasea

lunasea New Member

Any news on this? I'm having the same issue ... all I did was change the root password and it keeps restarting after 10 seconds or so. I can't seem to force restore it
  8. Paintball

Paintball New Member

You changed the root password? let me guess, you are on 1.1.3/4, and you ignored the little popup that comes up when you install the BSD subsystem about not changing that. Nice. Just keep holding both of the buttons down until your ipod shuts off, then KEEP HOLDING them until it turns back on again. It takes a little bit. Once you see the apple logo, let go of the sleep/wake button and just hold the home button. The connect to itunes logo will come up. Then restore it with itunes.
  9. ¤¼µß€®™¾‡ØÛ©±¤

¤¼µß€®™¾‡ØÛ©±¤ Banned

hAPPY fIRST pOST
  10. berky93

berky93 New Member

its not because of the wallpaper, its because of some error either from an app or itunes (depending on how he installed the wallpaper)

because image files can only be that - images. they cant contain some code that will harm your ipod unless they were a different file type.