Hoping to get a Macbook? Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Mac & OS X' started by mysticpoo, May 11, 2009.

1. mysticpoo

mysticpoo New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So my current computer- Haier W36, no one has heard of it ever and it sucks bad. I'm hoping to get a Macbook aluminum but then I read about the Apple "Back To School" sale, where you get $100in mail rebate. I read all over the site and past year forum posts which they say it's only for College/University students. Now I'm only in high school (Canada) and I was wondering if the back to school sale also applies for me. I really need a new computer and have been holding it off for a while, but this might just be the break.
    Also does the back to school sale only offer $200 when you buy an iPod? Or can it just be a Macbook and you get 100-200 bucks off it. Because I already have 2 iPod touches I purchased and really don't want to buy a third one nor sell it on eBay. (I'm only a child!)
  2. Skeptikal

Skeptikal New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    in australia if you buy a pc or laptop you get 50% back at tax time so thats a sick return aye
  3. SeeFreaky

SeeFreaky New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I really doubt that the education rebate would apply to you. It specifically says College students, and teachers, so it probably wouldn't work out unless the salesperson you speak to is really kind.
  4. mysticpoo

mysticpoo New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

AWWW well that's not fair !
  5. SiXAXiS

SiXAXiS Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Talk to a Apple Rep in the Apple Store, ask about their refurb special. You get $300 off, and a free printer.
  6. mysticpoo

mysticpoo New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Not too keen on getting refurbished, I'd rather get a new one. I mean hey it's only refurbished cuz it had a problem and Apple fixed it but it's still likely it's going to malfuction as it had already in the past
  7. SeeFreaky

SeeFreaky New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Oh also, I've heard of Haier computers. The company makes refrigerators, and other appliances too.
  8. mysticpoo

mysticpoo New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Word of advice, NEVER get it or even touch it!
  9. SeeFreaky

SeeFreaky New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Ya. When I was in mainland China, I saw one, and it reminded me of a water cooler.
  10. manutdfan539

manutdfan539 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    For all their college only things all you need to know is the Zip Code of a college. No other proof or info if you order online.